Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A top ten list...

Of the first night I tried hitting at practice.


10. Almost getting the one-foot glide. All I need is a little more balance and practice.

9. Weaving around cones! I love cones!

8. Pace lines. I love skating with the team and I think I am almost almost caught up to where I can skate with everybody else!

7. Jumping over a little cone with both skates off the ground. Wheee! And every time I did it, I was absolutely shocked I didn't fall down.

6. Getting scared and skating out of bounds because my friend was chasing me and yelling "EAT THE BABY!"

5. Practicing hitting (and being hit by) Raven Maniac. She is fabulous and all muscle and hard as a rock when you bump into her. She did not go as easy on me as the others on my first night. But I didn't fall down!

Glad I have these photos, because now I can see how much lower I need to get!

4. Understanding the game better because I had patient people to answer my million questions.

3. Not being able to stop smiling as I slammed into the football hitting pad, because I was so nervous and I laugh when I get nervous.

2. That moment when it sunk in that I am supposed to hit people as hard as I hit the pad. I've never hit anyone before. I mean, is that really okay? Apparently it is. I didn't hate it. I think I'll get used to it.

1. Getting help and advice from Anne R. Ki, Raven Maniac, and Full Metal Arsonist, all at once. Thanks so much, ladies! You all are wonderful and helped me a ton last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment